Author Topic: Win a copy of WhiteSmoke!  (Read 92560 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Win a copy of WhiteSmoke!
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »

C'mon Gyppo. If she were a real Gypsy, you'd have never seen it again and you wouldn't be able to keep her away from men or they from her no matter what. A beautiful, little Gypsy told me so. ;)

She was the real thing, trust me.  A mixture of innocence and fire which rocked this then happily married man to his foundations.  A definite case of blood calling blood.  Temptation almost beyond endurance.  Looking back I realise just how much I must have loved my wife.  In view of what happened to my marriage later later I should have given in whiulst i had the chance..

But the thought of getting pregnant because of the fertility symbol - which had a proven track record of helping three girls who had trouble conceiving until I made the magic sign for them - made her quite jumpy ;-)  I would never have done it.  It's a bit of magic to help, not a threat, but she was young enough not to realise that.

I still have a pack of Tarot cards she passed on to me, and sometimes wonder if she still has the little hand-carved gypsy clothespeg earrings I made for her.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »

I said, "I want to be a Gypsy when I grow up."

My teacher told me, "No, you don't want to be a Gypsy."

I said, "Oh yes I do!"

Again, she said, "No, Debbie you can't grow up to become a Gypsy."

I was so mad I stormed away to my seat. I couldn't for the life of me understand why everyone else's dream won her approval and mine didn't. I figured she just didn't know how to dream big enough. I remember that made me feel better, thinking I could dream bigger than my teacher and liked the idea that I didn't want to be like everyone else. I vividly remember that.
Wow...I digress.

"All men dream, but not equally.  Some dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds and wake in the morning to find it all an illusion,  But the dreamer of the day may act his dream with eyes open and in so doing make it a reality.  Such men are dangerous."

The above may not be word perfect, but it's a quote from T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)

"We do not grow old as those without dreams grow old."  Gyppo (A few years back)

And I used to fall out with teachers who presumed to tell me what I was allowed to think.  If they gave e a good reason I'd consider it, maybe even agree,but never just 'Because' or 'You can't".  Most annoying of all was the "I wouldn't do that if I was you..."

"if you were me you would, Sir.  You wouldn't be able to do any different."

"Don't bandy words with me, Young Man."

"You meant 'If I was in your position', Sir."

As often as not this would earn a resigned grin and a suggestion we return to the subject of the lesson.  English teachers seemed to appreciate the verbal sparring, whereas those in other subjects were less tolerant ;-(

Gyppo 
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
Gyppo, you have a gift, several actually. Thank you for sharing and re-brightening up my day. :-* 
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb