Author Topic: is there true love for real  (Read 158929 times)

Offline pamela07

Re: is there true love for real
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
Yes there is true love.  You have to dig deep within.  You have to love yourself first.  You can't love someone else without loving yourself first.  Love yourself.

Offline pamela07

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2007, 11:19:49 PM »
I also feel that once you find love in yourself first you will fill love for the one, you will feel it deep within your guts.

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2007, 12:22:35 AM »
Bagheera... I went back to the beginning of the thread and read back again, too!  :(
I cannot ask you to take heart but...
There was a bleak period in my otherwise 'happily everafter' life that I felt I had lost it... Nothing I did was ever right. Not only me, if the children did anything wrong, that , too was me! I could and often did, cry lonely tears all night- wondering what I had done and how I could win him back. I loved him so deeply ( And still do) that it never occured to be that it could be him and not me that was the problem! We have been together for 15 years now- and if you count our courtship- it builds up to 22...
He is not the kind of man who will go out of his way to show his love... but in a moment of crisis he is unwaveringly by my side. What do I have to complain about?!  ??? But you cannot live your life crisis to crisis! Love has to be felt in everyday moments. It has to be given... and recieved... in everyday moments... Before you think otherwise... I am still with the same man I fell in love with 22 years ago- but you know? He is not the same person!
Then- I had to ask him to explain clearly what was bothering him and what he expected from me! And guess what?! It had been something elase altogether all this while! All the stresses that we face are released on the ones we love! And the more we love- the harsher we get with the ones we love- easy way to normalise again...
Do you think that was just a moment of decompensation? Do you think you can work it out together? Sometimes we are speaking differen love languages and fail to see each other's love... Try... And stay here with the rest of us...
Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion... one must deliberately set oneself on fire

Offline bagheera

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2007, 04:47:21 AM »
Naturewalker, et al.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but for me there can only be ONE definition of the word "forever".

My love for her (AND the daughter a posse of medical experts told us we could NEVER have!) will never change, but she's determined to go through with this and won't even discuss it.

If she knocks on my door unannounced in twenty years from now I'll have no questions, no recriminations, and no hesitation in embracing her and saying, "Welcome Home."

Until that day, all I can do is hope - and take what comfort I can find, where I can find it.
Thanks, guys 'n' gals ...........  :-[

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2007, 05:28:05 AM »
I, too belong to the 'old fashioned' brigade that accepts only one definition of forever... I do hope this is just a passing phase in your forever- that you are together 100- 107 not out! Meanwhile hang in there!
Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion... one must deliberately set oneself on fire

Nadine L

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »
Brokenwings,

I wish the best for you. You really don't have to repeat the cycle your family has been in. You certainly know which personality type to avoid. But, love can be a very nice thing, albeit complicated.

Nadine

Offline Frogg

• Let there be tea.
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »
Thanks Nadine,

I tend to avoid people, they terrify me! :-\
I hope I can get over this and meet some folks, then maybe falling in love won't be as hard as it is when I stay at home with my puter...
MWC was my first tentative step into the outside world, and it's going great,
Love and Hugs...

E.
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters... it's amazing I'm here at all. - Bernard Black

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »
There is something special about MWC. It's there if you look for it, it's not there if you don't or don't want it.

Love is here.  Friendship is here.

It's changed my life.  Yeah - really.

This may seem like a small step, but to the ant an inch is a mile.  This was my mile.

Carrie

PaulW

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2007, 07:47:42 PM »
Yep I agree about MWC - it helped me through the worst time in my life; gave me a connection to people, even when the world seemed to have collapsed round me. I love wifey more though 'cos she makes me bacon sarnies too. :)

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
So, perhaps MWC bar should start serving bacon sarnies too... mmmm.....

Carrie

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2007, 11:11:17 AM »
"Greater love hath no man than he share his last bacon sarnie with another."
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Nelodra

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »
Of course there's true love, and is has nothing to do with "being madly in love" or other BS like that.

I didn't find love, love found me.
I wasn't looking for love, didn't want any of it, and there was this guy.
He wore the wrong clothes, wrong glasses, and to top it off he was an IT-guy.
Not my type at all.

But he found me,a nd he wouldn't give up.
We've been married happily for over 16 years now, and I love him because he loved me first.

Gah, I even allowed him to turn me into a geek!  ;D 

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »
Good for you Nelodra! Usually men marry with the hope their women will never change and women marry with the idea their men will change for the better... both are disappointed!! Good for you to have been turned into a geek- it is helpful in the writing business!!!

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2007, 02:16:02 AM »
Love is just a minor ailment (like mild flu) you eventually get over it.
Let me know when they come out with that vaccine. If they did, would you use it? Wonder if many people would...

I can see it now, every Spring.

*Come get your love vaccine unless you want to make yourself susceptible to the love bug.*
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline DC

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2007, 03:22:25 AM »
et me know when they come out with that vaccine. If they did, would you use it?

No, in spite of all my whinging, I don't think I would. After eighteen years, I don't think I'll ever get 'there' again. But, I can live in hope.  ;D

Dave.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - open throttle in the other -
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : "Woo Hoo, what
a ride!"