Author Topic: is there true love for real  (Read 157823 times)

Offline naturewalker

Re: is there true love for real
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 03:05:07 PM »
True love is. I have seen it in my grandmother's eyes when she was dying in my grandfather's lap aftera long disabling illness. I saw it in my grandfather's touch when, at the age of 80 he cared for my ailing grandmother. I felt it in the suppressed sobs of my tough- hard- as-nails- father when I informed him of his father's demise. I have basked in it each time I see my parents together- my father is nearing 70 and my mother is on the wrong side of 60. Even today when they look at each other- there is magic in the air! They still hold hands and laugh together as teenagers would! Their bright faces tell of a deeply felt strength and confidence for whatever life may deal out to them.

I have felt it when my husband can look at me accross a roomful of people and speak with his eyes! It is as if everyone else just fades away and we are alone- together. The look, the touch, the smile, the care- it is all reassuring. True love is atleast as much about being possessed as about possessing! It is atleast as much about being cared for as it is about caring for.

True love does not mean absence of conflict or even an occassional battle- whether of ego or of wits. True love is not even loving despite these conflicts. It is about there being no question about the love even in the bitterest of fights.

True love is. I have found it.
Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion... one must deliberately set oneself on fire

Offline bagheera

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
 ::) A case of meeting as an inevitability .... two "strangers in a strange land" :-[

"There was a Brit and a Swede, and they met in a pub in Denmark ........."
Maybe it sounds like the beginning of a not-very-good joke, but that was 27 YEARS ago, and I still feel some days as if we're on one of our first dates ..... :-* :-* :-*

Offline Bru

• http://www.brunazanelli.com
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 04:50:10 PM »
True love exists without doubt.  Only those who have never loved would think otherwise.
'if there's a friend who ever needs me,
I'll try to help somehow'
http://www.brunazanelli.com

Offline DC

Re: is there ture love for real
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »
Love is just a minor ailment (like mild flu) you eventually get over it.

Think I have to disagree with this one; I've just been fighting off a dose of 'flu'. It's taken four days, but I've never had 'flu' last for eighteen years...

Dave.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - open throttle in the other -
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : "Woo Hoo, what
a ride!"

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »
I, too have to agree... And flu can be painfully tiring. Love on the other hand is exciting... energising... makes the world go round!!!
Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion... one must deliberately set oneself on fire

Offline RINKA

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »
It's good to know that we believe true love exist.

A friend of mine found out that her boyfriend of seven years has another girlfriend,they've been on for two years and she didin't have a clue. This is what i am not pleased with,he will be coming back tomorrow from Germany.friends thinks she should wait a day or two before letting him know that she knows,I said she should tell him straight, he will be expecting the usual treatment he get's everytime he arrive from a trip so how will she explain the cold shoulder she deserve more,he has to explain i believe he owes her that much.

Nadine L

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »
hiya! Naturewalker, you have a pic! Cool.

I agree with you about love. It is wonderful.

Nadine

Offline allyrose

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »
I lost my true love when he was 58 years old, and i still think of him every day.  We were married for 37 years.  Not to say that every day is a bed of roses, we had our differences, but we respected each other, that sometimes i think is the secret to a good marriage, that and talking to each other. I see him in my five children and grandchildren.  It wasn't love at first sight.  We went to school together, and the attraction didn't take place until our last year of High School.  I think he dated every girl in the school but i ended up being his true love and he mine. He's been gone 16 years and I haven't found another man that could measure up to him.  Sounds corny, but I do believe in true love.

Offline Alex F

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:12 AM »
I tend to follow the advice of the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy when it comes to love; Avoid if at all possible!

No, I merely jest, love is a wonderful thing because it can cross boundaries, think of Romeo and Juliet, all the prejudices and hatred between two different people's means nothing at all when two of them fall in love, in that state of mind they see the problems between their different groups for what they really are; a load of old rubbish. If you love someone no matter who they are then their differences aren't going to matter a jot, I certain play on that theme with the romance in my novels.
"Hell? There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is only this place, the land of the dead, my friend..."

Offline bagheera

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 11:02:53 AM »
Allyrose, I can't [quite!] say "been there, done that ...!"

BUT ..... after 27 years together I have an idea how you feel.
We don't share a birthday, unfortunately, but in the year she reaches 100,I hope to be still batting on 107 not out ......... We fully intend to rent the biggest, most powerful Harley-D available and attempt to leap across Death Valley .... or go out together in a blaze of glory .............  :o ;D

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
hiya! Naturewalker, you have a pic! Cool.

I agree with you about love. It is wonderful.

Nadine

Thanks, Nadine... I had to work out this one really hard! I am not good at these things! Glad you like the pic!! Gladder you agree about the true love bit.

Where have you been??

Good to see you back.

Nadine L

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
Opps! I've been veeerrrry ill. I'm all better now. Whew!

I am not great at this tech stuff, but I do it anyway. What the heck. I've only crashed the forum once...my first day as a moderator. I still don't know what all the extra buttons on my mod screen do. (Who cares?)

There are many forms of love, not just marriage. So, I'd say, go for it. Life is short. Love as many people as you can. For example, I have a couple of best friends who totally accept me for who I am, and if that isn't love, then I guess, I'll take it over love because it is very, very nice. My kids love me and man, that's powerful stuff. Love is everywhere, just have to see it.

Nadine

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 02:15:10 PM »
So true! Love is everywherte... it is the feeling of being special for someone... a friend, a child, a student, a man or a woma... it could be anyone who wants to talk and share with you... who can lift your spirit when it is sagging and make you fly when you are already up... And you are often surprised at the human capacity to love so many people simultaneously in so many different ways that it is difficult to count! Love is when a little child with crumpled flowers in his little hand wants to wish you a Happy Mother's Day on just about any day! Love is also when your friend calls you in an ecstatic moment of glory and recognition and feels great at the appreciation you give... love is also when you can be together despite the distance!

Great to have you back Nadine!!! Hope you are doing well now!

Offline allyrose

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »
Welcome back Nadine.  Sorry to hear that you were so ill.  You are so right about loving as many people as you can.  I'd be so lost without the love of my children and friends.  What goes around comes around, especially when it comes to love.

Offline naturewalker

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 02:46:17 PM »
Do you see that Nadine? So many people are glad to have you back and concerned about your well being...That, too is love.!