Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Hansen

I'm new
« on: January 11, 2006, 03:49:04 PM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say "hello". I have written two novels (different genres) but both need quite a bit of polishing before I go out to face the world. I am also doing some research for the next idea which I hope I will be able to put on paper soon.

It would be a pleasure to share my work with you once I have managed to overcome the "shyness-barrier".

Chat to you soon.  ;)
Hansen

SuzieHarris

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
Hi Hansen,

Welcome to the forum.
 I, like Nick, an am established writer, so feel free to ask anything and i'll do my best to answer you.

Good luck with your writing, and I look forward to hearing more about your work.

Suzie

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
Re: I'm new
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 04:10:28 PM »
Hi Hansen, Welcome to the site. The more the merrier. I hope you break the shy barrier soon so we can get a look a what you write. It is kinda scary to put ones work out there for all to see, but fear not, we have very professional group of newbies, halfbies and pros. Feedback, at least in my experience, has always been most helpful. I have posted my work, parts of it anyhow, on 3 different websites in order to get feedback. In some cases I had to give feedback (crits) in return. The first few times it scared the heck out of me. Here were writers much better than I, and I was trying to critique them. After the first few times, I learned the value of having my work critiqued and also the value my crits gave to them. What fun ;D Aelf