Author Topic: Drabbles  (Read 9500 times)

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
Re: Drabbles
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »
Also doesn't happen if you aren't a pretty girl. sigh.

I don't think I have ever been asked out for coffee from a library. Could it be that I am too old? Too   ummmm       not pretty?

Online probably won't be so insulting.

Patti
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline writersart

• And so is writing. . .
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
Actually, both ways can work for a writer.  The key word being "work." If you want your stories/novels/articles published, you're going to have to make an effort to market your talents/skills. If one editor rejects your work have it ready to send to the next prospect (or have already used the multiple submission technique).  Always have stories on the market circuit while you're writing the next ones.

But in a real world library you get to look at the pretty lasses as well, (under well established rules of people wathing/research),  and sometimes take one of them for a coffee or whatever ;-)  That never happens on line...

Gyppo

Also nice if the pretty lady or handsome gentleman turns out to be a publisher/editor.  Then you really have something in common.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 05:57:04 PM by writersart »

Offline Christopher Silva

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »
Well you could save a little spot on your monitor for an internet chat window with a pretty lass waiting for smart comments and sexy quips  :-)

I agree, libraries do have the human element, I grew up in them and love them too.