Author Topic: Hi  (Read 5027 times)

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
Hi
« on: December 16, 2005, 09:17:39 AM »
Hi, I missed the welcome board on my first visit and posted elsewhere but I'd best say hi here also. I've been writing seriously for only the last 10 months. I'm a retired computer geek. I did have a bit of poetry published long ago in Los Angeles, but life got in the way and I put the pen down. Now that I'm retired, my muse, more vibrant then ever, has deigned to revisit me. I'm working on a novel and am a student in a "Show don't Tell" workshop. Nuff about me, what about you :)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 09:19:25 AM »
Hi, Aelfwin, and welcome to Mywriterscircle.com!

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline FDHolmes

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 12:27:54 PM »
Hi, I missed the welcome board on my first visit and posted elsewhere but I'd best say hi here also. I've been writing seriously for only the last 10 months. I'm a retired computer geek. I did have a bit of poetry published long ago in Los Angeles, but life got in the way and I put the pen down. Now that I'm retired, my muse, more vibrant then ever, has deigned to revisit me. I'm working on a novel and am a student in a "Show don't Tell" workshop. Nuff about me, what about you :)

Omigosh, you mean I gotta get a MUSE? Man, I'm in WAAAY deep. I'm still looking for a SUBJECT.

Hi. Fred's my name. I'm just brand new to the concept. I may HAVE a muse and just be unaware of it, since it's never reared it's head (if muses are equipped therewith, that is).

Check out my initial post where all the gory details are merely hinted at. :-X

Offline Wigglyworm

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 05:13:02 AM »
LMSO (laugh my socks off at Fred),

I'm lucky I have a muse, he inspires my subjects and flat out refuses to read my writing....

Worm

If you can't be a sun, don't be a cloud.

Offline FDHolmes

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 07:43:32 PM »
Hey again there Worm.

Tickled pinkly am I to think my MUSElessness is capable of getting you out of your socks.  ::)

Can I get some 8x10 glossies of that?

When mine finally arrives and I get fully MUSEified, I hope he's a SHE puppy. 

That'd be really motivating, I should think.

F

BiancaMiller13

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 06:54:25 PM »
Fred,
Um should I worry that I AM a she and my muse is one too...
Ha...that'll be a hoot.  Got an idea.

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 09:29:17 AM »
Fred, This is most a museing, sorry I missed this post earlier, been doing Holiday things. My muse turned out to be a rather nasty sort, no sense of humor. I think she must be a childless Jewish Mother. When I don't write she nags and throws guilt trips at me. Well, I muest be going now. See Ya.